Modern Stone’s Scorch is a high performing, multi-use sealer and coating remover. Scorch’s unique formula utilizes a blend of proprietary additives which provide fast and effective results. This aggressive stripper will remove most acrylic, urethane, and synthetic finishes as well as adhesives, paints and grout haze. Scorch will produce very little foam and does not require to be neutralized after application.
Use on concrete, ceramic/porcelain tile, unpolished natural stone, grout, and masonry finishes.
1. Ensure surface is clean.
2. Test in an inconspicuous area to ensure desired results. For thicker coatings, more than one application may be necessary.
3. Dilute Scorch depending on stripping needs * Light stripping: 1 part to 15 parts water.
* Medium stripping: 1 part to 3 parts water.
* Heavy stripping: Use at full strength.
4. Apply liberally to area.
5. With a sponge or scrub brush, apply in workable areas of 50 sq. ft. or less. Allow to dwell up to 1 hour without drying on heavier finishes.
*Note: Do not allow stripper to dry on surface. Wet with water if drying occurs.
6. Agitate surface with a nylon scrub brush or floor machine equipped with a stripper pad after testing a small area first to make sure that brush or pad will not scratch the substrate.
7. Wipe up residual coating with clean, dry cloths or extract using wet/dry vacuum or extractor.
8. Rinse surface thoroughly with water.
Approximately 100 to 250 sq. ft. per gallon depending on type and thickness of coating.