DIY Stain Kit
$20 Discount! This DIY stain kit is great for beginners who are on a tight budget. You’ll get 300 – 400 sq. ft. per kit and that includes three coats of surface sealer for extra protection. Since the Barrier EXT allows moisture transmission, Creto DPS is not required to waterproof the slab before application.
- Clean the concrete using the Revive and a deck brush, scrubbing the concrete well. The concrete can then be pressure washed, hosed off, or rinsed with water and shop vacuumed up, or mopped up.
- Allow the concrete to fully dry. This can take up to a week depending on the humidity. Test by taping a plastic square 1’x1′ down and leave it overnight. Remove the plastic the next day and if the concrete is darker where the plastic was, then it needs more time to dry.
- Mask the bottom two feet of any interior wall to prevent over-spray from the stain. Cardboard can be used to block over-spray for exterior applications.
- Apply the Color Mist concrete stain using a pump sprayer with a cone tip for best results.
- After the stain is dry to touch, apply the Barrier EXT using a short nap paint roller for broom finished or stamped concrete. Approximately one hour after the first coat a second coat should be applied. Repeat this process with the third coat as well.
The video below will show you how to use these products and how easy they are to apply.