Garage Stain Kit
This kit saves you $50 on these products! The garage staining kit will help remove years of oil and grime build up from your concrete garage floor. You’ll get approximately 400 sq. ft. per kit and that includes two coats of polyaspartic sealer for extra protection. Creto Deep Penetrating Sealer is used to permanently waterproof and preserve the slab, which will hold back hydrostatic pressure. It also strengthens the concrete and prevents mold and bacteria growth.
- Clean the concrete using the Ultra Clean degreaser and a deck brush, scrubbing the concrete well. Dilute as directed. A stronger mixture will etch the concrete which opens the pores of the slab and prepares the concrete for the staining and sealing. The concrete should then be pressure washed, hosed off, or rinsed with water and shop vacuumed up, or mopped up.
- After cleaning apply Creto DPS with a mop. Keep the areas wet with sealer for 15 – 30 minutes. Remove any left over sealer then immediately rinse the concrete with water. This can be pressure washing, hosing off, or mopping with water and shop vacuumed up, or mopped up. Allow the sealer to cure (@ 50º or above) for 24 – 72 hours depending on the temperature.
- Mask the bottom two feet of any interior wall to prevent over-spray from the stain.
- Apply the Color Mist concrete stain using a pump sprayer with a cone tip for best results.
- After the stain is dry to touch, apply the Sweet & Easy Sealer® using a short nap shedless paint roller on an extension. Use either a 9″ roller or an 18″ roller for best results. A 3″ roller or paint brush can be used for the edges. Two to four hours after the first coat is applied (or when the floor is tackless) the second coat should be applied.
These videos show how to apply Creto DPS, Color Mist stain, and Sweet & Easy Sealer.