Garage Stain Kit
Order now and save $100 on this stain kit!
This kit will transform your garage into a place where you’ll enjoy working and spending time in! Having a finished garage floor completely changes the ambiance of the area. You’ll want to spend more time in there and won’t be embarrassed to invite people in. Yay!
You’ll get approximately 350 – 400 sq. ft. per kit and that includes two coats of polyaspartic sealer. This is quite a DIY project but I have faith in you! With the help of my video tutorials you should have enough direction to tackle this project. Plus you can always contact me personally if you have any questions.
- Grinding the concrete is highly recommended. This will create “tooth” for the coating to bond to. You can rent a floor machine and diamond embedded pad driver at Home Depot. Usually you can grind the entire 350 – 400 sq. ft. in one day.
- Clean the concrete using the Ultra Clean degreaser and a deck brush, scrubbing the concrete well. Dilute as directed. The concrete should then be pressure washed, hosed off, or rinsed with water and shop vacuumed up, or mopped up. All grinding dust must be removed! If you can wipe your finger on the floor and see dust on your finger, you need to clean the floor again.
- After cleaning apply Creto DPS with a mop. Keep the areas wet with sealer for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove any left over sealer then immediately rinse the concrete with water. This can be pressure washing, hosing off, or mopping with water and shop vacuumed up, or mopped up. If the sealer is not completely rinsed off of the top of the concrete the stain will not adhere properly. Allow the sealer to cure (@ 50º or above) for 24 – 72 hours depending on the temperature.
- Mask the bottom two feet of any interior wall to prevent over-spray from the stain.
- Apply the Color Mist concrete stain using a pump sprayer with a cone tip for best results.
- After the stain is dry to touch, apply the Sweet & Easy Sealer® using a short nap shedless paint roller on an extension. Use either a 9″ roller or an 18″ roller for best results. A 3″ roller or paint brush can be used for the edges. Pour the Sweet & Easy sealer into a paint tray and roll on a nice thick layer of coating ( at approximately 180 – 200 sq. ft. per gallon). Make sure to not miss any spots and gently back roll the coating for a beautiful consistent sheen. Two to four hours after the first coat is applied (or when the floor is tackless) the second coat should be applied. The clear coat needs to be applied the same day as the base coat! This is extremely important for proper bonding of coats.
These videos show how to apply Creto DPS, Color Mist stain, and Sweet & Easy Sealer.