Driveway Stain Kit
$30 Kit Discount! This driveway staining kit will help remove years of oil and grime build up before staining your concrete. You’ll get 300 – 400 sq. ft. per kit and that includes two coats of surface sealer for extra protection. Creto Deep Penetrating Sealer is used to permanently waterproof and preserve the slab, which greatly reduces freeze / thaw damage and efflorescence. It also strengthens the concrete and prevents mold and bacteria growth.
- Clean the concrete using the Driveway / Garage Cleaner degreaser and a deck brush, scrubbing the concrete well. Dilute as directed. The concrete can then be pressure washed, hosed off, or rinsed with water and shop vacuumed up, or mopped up.
- After cleaning apply Creto DPS using a short nap paint roller on an extension for broom finished or stamped concrete, and a mop for honed concrete. Keep the areas wet with sealer for 15 – 30 minutes. Remove any left over sealer then immediately rinse the concrete with water. This can be pressure washing, hosing off, or mopping with water and shop vacuumed up, or mopped up. Allow the sealer to cure (@ 50º or above) for 24 – 72 hours depending on the temperature.
- Mask the bottom two feet of any interior wall to prevent over-spray from the stain. Cardboard can be used to block over-spray for exterior applications.
- Apply the Color Mist concrete stain using a pump sprayer with a cone tip for best results.
- After the stain is dry to touch, apply the Poly Shine using a short nap paint roller on an extension for broom finished or stamped concrete. Use an 18″ roller for honed concrete applications. Approximately one hour after the first coat a second coat should be applied.
This video shows how to pressure wash concrete along with how to apply Creto DPS and Poly Shine surface sealer.